Beautiful, hand-woven mochila bags are made by Colombian Wayuu women, and they bring to life an ancient legend that tells a spider taught the women how to weave their very own designs into the bags. Each design is unique to the hands, mind and heart that weaves it, and each one tells a story through its colors, shapes and patterns. Bags are 100% hand made out of cotton and other local fibers such as maguey, mecha and aipis. It’s an ultimate luxury to own something so unrepeatable and unique.
- High aprox 35-40 cm
- Base width aprox 31cm
- Strap length aprox 60cm
- Strap width aprox 4,5-6 cm
Nothing is more unique, more authentic, more irreplaceable than a hand-made piece that takes time and that also materializes the sense of an entire culture. Wayuu women work full days in weaving a Wayuu bag. A single bag can take more than a month to make. In this community, weaving is a symbol of wisdom, creativity and intelligence. This hand-made ability is transferred from one female generation to another, and when young Wayuu women come of age they also learn this wondrous craft. When you purchase a SolAzul handbag, you are not only honoring a beautiful craft tradition but also enabling a community to sustain itself and preserve their culture’s life.
Entirely hand-made in cotton
Made with single thread technique
Hand-woven by Wayuu women
Unique designs in every piece
SHIPPING & RETURNS
- Shipping from NY
- All our products are sent using the most trustworthy couriers. We usually use FedEX, DHL, UPS or USPS.
- Shipping to the US & Canada: 5 to 10 business days
- Shipping to Europe: 7 to 12 business days
- Worldwide Shipping: 7 to12 business days
- To USA Standard (5 - 10 Business Days), Free for orders from 120US / 20US cost on all orders lower than 120US
- To USA Express (1 - 2 Business Days) 20US
- To Rest of the world International Standard (7 - 12 Business Days) 20US
*For international orders, customers are responsible for taxes and duties requested in the country of residence. (VAT included)
- Once you receive your item(s) you have 15 business days to request a return.
- Shipping costs for returns are not included in refunds and the fees will be deducted from the order.
- Items must be returned unharmed, unworn and unused. They must include all tags attached and their original packaging.
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Final Sale Items (purchased outside of the US)
|What||Curator and Promotor|
Inspired by the unique sense of contrast in the landscape and context found in La Guajira, Colombia, Rossana Redondo created SolAzul, a hand-made bags line that seeks to create a reality in which artisans can find their voice in the global fashion sphere. Passionate about this singular artisanal tradition, she has sought to create a sustainable project that can also represent a solid source of income for a community that makes gorgeous, unique pieces, while they are also able to support their culture and way of life. A vision that merges style, tradition and culture.