Beautiful, hand-woven mochila bags are made by Colombian Wayuu women, and they bring to life an ancient legend that tells a spider taught the women how to weave their very own designs into the bags. Each design is unique to the hands, mind and heart that weaves it, and each one tells a story through its colors, shapes and patterns. Bags are 100% hand made out of cotton and other local fibers such as maguey, mecha and aipis. It’s an ultimate luxury to own something so unrepeatable and unique.
-100% handmade in cotton
- Made of one single thread
- High aprox 35-40 cm
- Base width aprox 31cm
- Strap length aprox 60cm
- Strap width aprox 4,5-6 cm
Nothing is more unique, more authentic, more irreplaceable than a hand-made piece that takes time and that also materializes the sense of an entire culture. Wayuu women work full days in weaving a Wayuu bag. A single bag can take more than a month to make. In this community, weaving is a symbol of wisdom, creativity and intelligence. This hand-made ability is transferred from one female generation to another, and when young Wayuu women come of age they also learn this wondrous craft. When you purchase a SolAzul handbag, you are not only honoring a beautiful craft tradition but also enabling a community to sustain itself and preserve their culture’s life.
Entirely hand-made in cotton
Made with single thread technique
Hand-woven by Wayuu women
Unique designs in every piece
SHIPPING & RETURNS
- Shipping from our marketplace seller in NY
- All our products are sent using trustworthy couriers, we usually use FedEx, DHL, UPS, or USPS.
- US & Canada Shipping: 5 to 10 business days
- Europe Shipping: 7 to 12 business days
- Worldwide Shipping: 7 to12 business days
- To USA Standard (5 - 10 Business Days), Free for orders from 120US / 20US cost on all orders lower than 120US
- To USA Express (1 - 2 Business Days) 20US
- To Rest of the world International Standard (7 - 12 Business Days) 20US
For international orders outside the US, you, the customers, are responsible for all taxes and duties (including VAT) imposed by your country of residence.
- You have 7 business days to request a return from the date you received the item(s).
- Shipping costs to and from you are not included in the refund, this will be deducted.
- Items must be returned unworn, undamaged, and unused, with all tags attached and the original packaging included.
- Final Sale - International Orders (outside the U.S): We do not accept returns or exchanges.
Shop the Look
|What||Curator and Promotor|
Inspired by the unique sense of contrast in the landscape and context found in La Guajira, Colombia, Rossana Redondo created SolAzul, a hand-made bags line that seeks to create a reality in which artisans can find their voice in the global fashion sphere. Passionate about this singular artisanal tradition, she has sought to create a sustainable project that can also represent a solid source of income for a community that makes gorgeous, unique pieces, while they are also able to support their culture and way of life. A vision that merges style, tradition and culture.